80 Day Weight Loss Challenge
1st week (January 11-17)
1. Write your current stats: height, current weight and goal weight. Why are you losing weight?
I’m tired of being fat. Especially fed up with going shopping. I’m sick of not being able to find nice clothes that fit and look nice on me…
2. Describe your dream/goal body.
I don’t have a certain body in my mind. I will probably stop when I like my body the way it is. Because I don’t want to be disappointed if I can’t reach a body I want.
3. Is your UGW in an „unhealthy“ range of BMI?
Current BMI - 34,1 (obesity)
UGW BMI - 24,9 (between normal and overweight)
4. Have a vegan day today. No meat, no eggs, no dairy, no animal products whatsoever. Give it a try!
Easy peasy. I do water fasts which, you can say, is vegan
5. What is your favorite healthy food?
Fruits. But I can’t choose one because I like so many of them…
6. What is your favorite unhealthy food?
I will be very boring and say pizza
7. What is your least favorite healthy food?
2nd week (January 18-24)
8. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
Current weight: 94kg/~207lbs.
I lost 1,5kg/3lbs past week :)
9. What is your favorite type of cardio?
10. Do you count calories? If so, what is your daily limit?
Yes, I started counting calories when I created this blog. I do it at myfitnesspal.com. My limit is ~1300 calories.
11. Today you will be cooking for your whole family. Find a healthy recipe online that they will also enjoy and show them how tasty healthy food can be!
I‘m living alone :) (I won’t cook for my housemates :D)
12. What is your least favorite type of cardio?
13. What is your favorite type of strength exercise?
14. What is your least favorite type of strength exercise?
3rd week (January 25-31)
15. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
83kg/205lbs. I have lost 1kg/3lbs this week. So I’m sticking to my plan, not going to change anything :)
16. Which part of your body do you wish to change the most and why?
I can’t think of one part! The only part I like is my finger nails. Other parts can be changed.
17. Do you have a special event/date you want to lose the weight for?
You can say so… I don’t know the exact date now because I haven’t bought tickets yet but In the beginning of April I’m going home for Easter holiday. I want everyone to be shocked. However, it’s not my top reason! I want to lose weight in order to be healthier, happier. I’m doing it for myself :)
18. Try to use as little salt as possible today or maybe even none! Don’t buy microwave meals and don’t eat foods high in sodium.
I do that every day
19. Are you losing weight the healthy (<2lbs/week) or the unhealthy (>2lbs/week) way?
A healthy way because I reach my calories goal, I exercise, I don’t starve and eat healthy food. However sometimes I lose 3lbs per week. But I don’t think because of this I suddenly become the one who is losing weight in an unhealthy way!
20. Who is your biggest weight loss inspiration and why?
Every weight loss blog here inspires me. I see how well they are doing and I just have to keep going!
21. Do you focus more on getting „lean and mean“ or „tiny and fragile“?
“Lean and mean” I guess. If I understand the meaning correctly.
4th week (February 1-7)
22. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
92,1kg/204lbs. According to my scales I lost 0,9kg. According to myfitnesspal I lost 1lb. So my plan is the same: eat healthy and exercise.
23. How much water do you usually drink in a day?
24. Have you ever had an eating disorder?
25. Today you will try a new smoothie. Find a new healthy recipe online and mix & match fruits and veggies and enjoy! But it must be totally new and adventurous!
I don’t make smoothies. I have no blender.
26. Do your friends know about you wanting to lose weight? Do they support you?
They don’t know and I’m planning to keep it that way. But I know they would support me.
27. Does your family support you in your weight loss?
They don’t know. But if they knew I think they would support me. They did previous times.
28. What is your favorite type of snack?
5th week (February 8-14)
29. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
93kg/205lbs. I gained a bit over the week but I know/guess the reasons and my belt is getting looser so I don’t mind it.
Plans don’t change: exercise, eat healthy, sleep well…
30. Are you a vegan or a vegetarian?
31. What are your favorite workout clothes you own?
Simple trausers and a t-shirt I used to wear at home. I would like some nice clothes…
32. Try a new fruit today. Learn how to cut/eat it and enjoy! How was it?
Not going to a shop today
33. Are you on a diet or are you making this a lifestyle?
34. Do you take your meals from home to work? If so, what do you usually prepare?
No. I go to university and I have no more than 3-4 hours in a row. I live close so I go back and eat after lectures/tutorials. Usually I can keep my eating hours normal (8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 20)
35. Have you ever „fasted“? What was the reason for it?
My mother’s cousin told us about his 40 day fast every year and I amazing he felt afterwards. I got curious, googled a bit and found out about a book “The Miracle of Fasting”. I read it, liked what it said and decided to try. I have done a few 1 day fasts. When I began my weight loss journey I planned to do 1-2 fasts a week. Now I decided not to fast at all because it slows the metabolism a lot and then I spend other days trying to increase it.
6th week (February 15-21)
36. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
92,5kg/204lbs. Lost a pound (0,5kg). No changes planned
37. Have you ever purged? If so, how did you feel afterwords?
I have no idea what that is…
38. Have you ever binged? If so, what is your „binge food“?
Who hasn’t? I don’t have “binge food”, I eat whatever I have.
39. Try a new veggie today. Learn how to prepare it and enjoy! How was it?
Not going to a shop today…
40. What is your body frame? Small, large or medium?
41. Where are you from? Is your country’s diet healthy or unhealthy in general?
I’m from Lithuania. I think it’s somewhere between healthy and unhealthy…
42. How many meals do you usually have a day?
Breakfast at 8, lunch at 12, dinner at 18. Some snacks at 10, 15 and 20 if I want and have calories left.
7th week (February 22-28)
43. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
201lbs/91kg. Lost 3lbs/1,5kg this week! I’m very happy because 91kg was my GW1!
44. Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? Does (s)he know about you losing weight? Does (s)he support you?
No, I don’t.
45. Do you have a rest day when you don’t work out? Which day is it?
Friday and Sunday because there are no fitness classes on these days. But at least I go for walks.
46. Try changing your routine today. Don’t do the same exercises as the week before, learn a new move to cinch that waiste or to tone those thighs!
I go to fitness classes and they are always different.
47. Have you forbidden yourself any type of food?
No. I don’t think it’s good for “forbid” something. If you allow yourself everything you won’t want something that’s not good for you that much. I could easily go to McDonalds but I don’t want to. If I didn’t allow myself something I would probably be craving for it by now.
48. Do you reward yourself when you reach your short-term goal? What are your rewards?
49. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Lemon juice with warm water and muesli with tea.
8th week (February 29-March 6)
50. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
91,2kg/202lbs. I gained 0,2kg but I won’t change anything.
51. Do you have a cheat day?
I don’t have a set up cheat day. But sometimes, especially during a period, I cheat a bit.
52. What do you enjoy the most in your weight loss? What makes you happier than ever before?
53. Try to eat nothing but raw food today. No cooking, no baking, no grilling. Eat raw carrots, canned tuna or smoked salmon, maybe even sushi! Just eat fresh, non-termal processed food. It might be weird and „unnatural“ but that’s actually the healthiest way to eat. Enjoy your healthy day!
Usually I eat like that. I’m very lazy and don’t cook often…
54. What is your favorite weight loss blog?
I don’t have a favourite.
55. Will you continue to write your blog after you reach your UGW?
Most likely yes. It will help me not to go back to where I started.
56. Have you ever been on a low-carb diet? How was it for you?
9th week (March 7-13)
57. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
91,9kg. Not changing anything.
58. Do you believe in restriction or in moderation?
59. Describe your dream outfit, the one you imagine yourself wearing once you reach UGW.
I haven’t thought about it. But I want nice working out outfit.
60. Ditch sugar and ALL sweets today. For just one day promise yourself you won’t eat any candy, sugar, sweets or any similar food.
I rarely it any anyway.
61. Write your usual meal plan for one day.
Breakfast: lemon juice, muesli; Lunch: Fish, meat, or soup; Dinner: yogurt, oatcakes, or fruits; Snacks: fruits.
62. When watching TV, do you usually watch the „food channels“ or movies/TV-shows/series?
I don’t watch TV
63. What are your fitness goals? (Splits, hand-stands, push-ups…)
I don’t have any.
10th week (March 14-20)
64. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
91,2kg. Not changing anything.
65. Post a picture of your goal body or a person you strive to look like.
I don’t have a goal body because everybody’s body shape is different. If I had a goal body maybe I would not be able to reach it basically because of different construction.
66. Do you have short-term goals too? What are they?
GWs in kilos: 91, 86, 82, 77, 73; UGW: 70
67. Today is „no tumblr day“. That’s right, you will try just one day to be off tumblr, post your progress/food log/training schedule tomorrow, because today, you are going „back to basics“!
Missed this one. But I haven’t been active lately.
68. What is your least favorite unhealthy food?
I don’t know…
69. Which part of your body do you like the most and why?
My finger nails. They grow fast and long, they are strong and do not break. I have to cut them when I get bored with long nails and want for my fingers to rest.
70. Were you ever obese or underweight?
Obesen as long as I can remember my life.
11th week (March 21-27)
71. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
92kg. Not changing anything.
72. Do you eat the same meal as your family or do you eat specially prepared food?
I live with housemates but we don’t cook together.
73. What do you usually order when eating out in a restaurant or at someone else’s house?
Depends on a menu in a restaurant. And I don’t see how you can “order” something when you’re a guest at someone’s place.
74. Today you won’t count calories. You won’t look at food labels. You will try to eat intuitively. What does that mean? Eat when you’re hungry, don’t look at the clock! Eat whatever your body desires! Just make sure it’s healthy. If you crave anything sweet, eat it! But a healthy amount. And remember, today you must forget all about calories!
Easy peasy :D
75. Do you have a „trigger food“? A type of food that is impossible for you to say no to or stop eating?
Can’t think of any…
76. Do you drink smoothies? If so, what is your favorite recipe?
77. Do you enjoy eating healthy or do you find it being too expensive or that it takes too much of your time?
I eat healthy food but rarely cook so it doesn’t take much time. Though you need to think more about what you are eating but I enjoy it.
12th week (March 28-30)
78. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
Uf, don’t remember how much but I lost…
79. What was the most recent compliment/comment about your body?
“Are you on a diet? Your face looks different.”
80. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
Lost ~0,5kg. Plan stays the same - healthy food :)